- Check out e-books and e-audio books available at the library and borrow them or place a hold!
- To log in:
- Select "Log In" at the top right corner.
- Select "Old Colony Library Network" as your library network.
- Log in with your library card number and PIN (OCLN unless changed).
- Looking to download on your phone or tablet? Use Libby!
- Borrow e-books, comics, movies, television, audio-books, and music on demand!
- Available for use on computers, tablets, phones, and (for television and movies) on any Apple TV or Roku device!
- To log in:
- Select "sign up."
- Create a user login with your email and a password.
- Once you complete this step, you will be asked to link your library card information with your account.
- Select the library that your card is linked with (note: even if you currently use Ventress as your home library, you MUST have a Marshfield card in order to select our library--cards from other libraries in our network have different barcodes and will not authenticate).
- Enter your library card number and PIN (OCLN unless changed).
Streaming TV, Concerts, and Movies
- Acorn TV
- 80+ exclusive shows, including A Place to Call Home, The Brokenwood Mysteries, Agatha Christie’s Partners in Crime, Detectorists, and Jack Irish
- See them first: Acorn TV streams the latest seasons of fan favorites like Doc Martin, Midsomer Murders, George Gently, Vera, Murdoch Mysteries, and more
- Acorn TV Originals including Loch Ness, Striking Out, Agatha Raisin, The Level, and more
- The Great Courses
The courses range from a myriad of subjects and include:
History — Study ancient and biblical times, medieval Europe, Eastern and Western civilizations, as well as how these historical periods still impact society.
- Health — Dive into courses on meditation, nutrition, natural healing and brain fitness.
- Science — Learn from America’s leading scientists in numerous areas of study ranging from biology, astronomy & space, engineering & technology and beyond.
- Language Arts — learning leadership, thinking and communication skills in both professional and personal lives are essential to get a head.
- And Much More!
- Enjoy streaming television, movies, and even music for free with your library card! Hoopla has a wide range of popular options for you to check out.
- Robust content: Enjoy over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and Web series from 85 countries.
- Film-festival hits: View films from major festivals all over the world, including Sundance, Cannes, Tribeca, and more!
- Anytime, anywhere access: Watch movies on any Internet-enabled computer, smartphone, or tablet with a Web browser! Also available on Roku, Xbox, and Apple TV.
- Method Test Prep
- Incredible concert films by a huge selection of iconic and new artists, from a wide variety of genres.
- Critically acclaimed and award-winning music documentaries.
- Favorite episodes of MTV Unplugged, VH1’s Classic Albums, Guitar Center Sessions, Front Row Center, and more.
- Personal setlists of your favorite concert video moments.
Magazines & Newspapers Online
America's News (by Newsbank): Access to local papers online.
- Cape Cod Times 1998 - 2018
- Marshfield Mariner 2005 - 2018
- Patriot Ledger 2000 - 2018
Boston Globe: Full-text coverage from 1980 on.
New York Times: The library provides free access to the New York Times online for all public computers inside the library. If you are looking for access at home, you may follow these steps:
- For 72 hours of off-site access click this link: The New York Times.
- When accessing off-site access follow these steps:
- 1. Click on the link above.
- 2. Click "Redeem".
- 3. Create Your Account or Log in if you already have an account.
- 4. Click "Go to NYTimes.com" to begin your 72 hours of unlimited access to NYTimes.com.
- Once your 72 hours are up, simply follow these steps again to redeem another 72 hours of off-site access.
- For access to the NYTimes archives (1985-present), go here.
- Enjoy access to a wide range of magazines online on your computer, tablet, or phone!