Curbside & After Hours Pickup
We still offer curbside pickup during our open hours.
Ordering Items for Curbside Pickup
You can request items for curbside pickup by one of the following methods:
- Log in to our online catalog, where you can request items from any OCLN library. If we currently have the item on the shelf, it will be ready for you to pick up within 1 - 2 days. If the item is on the shelf at a different library, it will be ready for pickup in Marshfield in approximately 3 - 4 days.
- Log in to Commonwealth Catalog, where you can request items from other Massachusetts library networks. If you can't find an item in the OCLN catalog, you can try this. Commonwealth Catalog items may take several weeks to arrive.
- Call us at 781-834-5535 during curbside pickup hours. If you need an item the same day, this is the best way to request it.
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please remember to include your library card number in the email.
- Fill out our online request form. This is best for if you can't find an item in the online catalog, or you aren't sure exactly which titles you want and would like us to make some suggestions based on your tastes.
Curbside Pickup Instructions
You don't need to contact us ahead of time or make an appointment to pick up your holds curbside.
- Park in our parking lot (please do not block the book drop or walkway).
- Call us at 781-834-5535 to let us know you're here for curbside pickup. We will ask you for your library card number. (If you don't have a cell phone, you can call us from home and tell us when you'll be here.)
- We will bring out your items and put them on the white cart near the front doors. If you have any mobility impairments, you can request that we bring your items directly to your car and put them in your trunk.
After Hours Pickup
We have limited after-hours locker holds pickup. Please call us or email email@example.com at least 2 hours before closing if you would like to use a locker. We only have a limited number of lockers and combination locks, so these are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The lockers are located to the right of the main entry doors under the overhang. The combination will be the last 4 digits of your library card number. Your items will be held in the locker for 24 hours. Please re-lock the combination lock once you have taken your items.