Visiting the Library
We are closing at 4PM Wednesday 11/25, closed Thursday 11/26, and closed Friday 11/27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
The library is now open to the public for limited hours:
- Wednesday 12pm - 7:45pm (11am - 12pm for seniors and high-risk patrons)
- Thursday 10am - 4:15pm (9am - 10am for seniors and high-risk patrons)
- Saturday 10am - 4:15pm (9am - 10am for seniors and high-risk patrons)
Seniors and high-risk patrons are also welcome in the library during our normal open hours - the first hour of each open day is just reserved exclusively for them.
- Browse the adult & YA shelves.
- Ask for reference and technology assistance.
- Use the public computers (1 hour per person per day).
- Print, copy, and scan (exact change required - 20¢/page black and white, 50¢/page color).
- Print from mobile devices or personal computers (exact change also required - 20¢/page black and white, 50¢/page color) - new users, register here. Once you register, you will use the same email address every time to send print jobs to the server. All print jobs are processed at the print release station. Returning users, access the mobile printing portal here.
- Visit the children's room to browse for 20 minutes at a time by appointment only (register here), or browse a limited quick-pick collection of children's books in the main library area without an appointment.
- Purchase books from the Friends of the Library book sale.
For the time being, patrons cannot:
- Eat, drink, or remove their masks for any other reason in the library.
- Use meeting rooms.
- Move furniture to sit in a group. We currently having limited seating spaced to keep patrons 6 feet apart from each other at all times, and those seats must stay in place.
Visitors over 2 years old MUST wear a mask over their nose and mouth at all times in the library, no exceptions. At the door, visitors must give their name and contact information for contact tracing purposes, have their temperature taken, and use hand sanitizer. Visitors must maintain a 6-foot distance between themselves and other patrons and staff, and restrict themselves to a 1 hour visit. Only 10 patrons will be allowed in the main library at a time. If we reach that limit, incoming patrons may have to wait outside until someone leaves.
All returns must be put in the outdoor book drop even while we are open to the public.