Information About This Page
This lists information about our recurring programs for kids. For the most up-to-date information, please visit our Events Calendar!
Weekly Storytimes (Sept 9--Dec 9):
- Song Time for Littles (ages 0-2 with a caregiver) is a song session on Mondays at 9:30 am geared towards kids aged 0-2. We'll play with songs, rhymes, movement, and toys: lots of fun to be had while developing valuable early literacy skills. No registration is required for this program.
- Family Storytime (ages 0-6 with a caregiver) is a reading, singing, and movement program on Monday mornings at 10:30 am and Wednesday mornings at 10:00 am. Hear some stories, sing some songs, and then play while practicing early literacy behaviors! No registration is required for this program.
- Baby Songs and Play (ages 0-2 with caregiver)is a song, rhyme, and play program for 0-2 year olds and their caregivers on Tuesdays at 9:30 am. We'll have songs, movement, and the chance to play and socialize with other little ones. No registration is required for this program.
- Little Hands Art Camp (ages 18 months to 4 years with caregiver):
- In this monthly art workshop for young children, participants will listen to stories and create a process-based art project, developing key pre-literacy skills and creative expression. Librarians will lead a storytime and demo an art project, which caregivers will work together with their children to create. Registration is required.
- Creativity Corner (ages 6-8):
- Come to a special monthly story and craft just for 6-8 year olds! We’ll read stories and then do crafts and science. This special monthly program is for 6-8 year olds attending on their own, while their caregiver remains present and available within the library. Registration is required!
- LEGO Club: all ages, every other Monday from 4-5 pm
- Come use our Legos and Duplos to build some amazing Lego creations that we’ll display around the library! All ages are welcome, but those under 10 years must be accompanied by a caregiver. No registration required.
- Tween Interest Group: grades 4-6, 3rd Thursday of the month from 5-6 pm
- TWIG is for children in grades 4-6 who love the library and want to help us plan our next big events, give input into what books we will add to our collection, and volunteer at library events. We’ll do crafts, play games, eat snacks, and talk about what you’d like to see at the library. Registration is required.