How to Access Databases
If you are accessing databases in the library, they should log you on automatically unless otherwise noted. If you are accessing databases from home, you may need your library card number and PIN (OCLN unless changed) to log in. Please reach out to the library if you are having trouble accessing our resources.
Looking for a tutorial? Check out some on Niche Academy or ask us for help here at the library!
Databases A-Z (Alphabetical by Title)
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- 80+ exclusive shows, including A Place to Call Home, The Brokenwood Mysteries, Agatha Christie’s Partners in Crime, Detectorists, and Jack Irish
America’s News: Access to local papers online.
- Cape Cod Times 1998 - present
- Marshfield Mariner 2005 - present
- Patriot Ledger 2000 - present
Ancestry Library Edition
- (Remote access available during library's pandemic closure - click link above and enter your Marshfield library card number and pin - default pin is ocln)
- Search billions of records in census data, vital records, military, immigration, and more.
A-Z: The USA
- Research all about the United States! Great for reports on states or cities.
Biography in Context
- Contains nearly a million biographical entries spanning history and geography and is updated daily.
The Boston Globe
- Full-text coverage from 1980 on.
Britannic Library Online
- Comprehensive encyclopedia meeting the reference needs for all patrons -- from grade school students to business professionals.
Britannica Spanish Reference Center
- Spanish language encyclopedia for grades K-12 with two components
- Business Collection provides coverage of all business disciplines, including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, and strategy, as well as business theory and practice.
Business Economics & Theory Collection
- With a strong emphasis on titles covered in the EconLit database, this collection provides academic journals and magazines focusing on topics in economics. Perfect for business classes, users will find hundreds of full-text journals to support their research.
Communication & Mass Media
- From marketing professionals to students studying for advanced degrees in linguistic theory, this collection provides current and accurate information in full-text from journals focused on all aspects of the communications field.
Consumer Reports Online
- Access Consumer Reports online.
Criminal Justice Collection
- Targeted collection of 700+ journals covering criminal justice including law enforcement, paralegal topics, and homeland security.
Diversity Studies Collection
- A must-have for social science, history, and liberal arts coursework, this collection explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in our global community. This set includes more than 150 journals.
Educator's Reference Complete
- More than 450 full-text academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education.
Environmental Studies and Policy Collection
- Collection of 700+ journals and reference books covering environmental issues policies from scientific, government, and industry perspectives.
- Research your family and ancestors!
Fine Arts & Music Collection
- With hundreds of full-text magazines and journals covered in databases, such as the Wilson Art Index and RILM, this collection will provide your students with resources to support research in areas such as drama, music, art history, and filmmaking.
Gale Cengage Learning
- E-books for your research needs.
- Search all Gale databases.
Gender Studies Collection
- This collection of journals aims to provide balanced coverage of this significant aspect of our culture, covering such topics as gender studies, family and marital issues, health aspects, and much more.
General Science Collection
- A collection of more than 1,000 peer-reviewed journals, providing researchers with the information needed to stay current on the latest scientific developments.
Global Issues in Context
- Offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events.
The Great Courses
The courses range from a myriad of subjects and include, History, Health, Science, Language Arts and much more!
- Heritage Quest, now powered by Ancestry.com, is available to you 24 hours a day through the link above. Contains census info and other genealogical data.
- Borrow e-books, comics, movies, television, audio-books, and music on demand!
- Available for use on computers, tablets, phones, and (for television and movies) on any Apple TV or Roku device!
- Robust content: Enjoy over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and Web series from 85 countries.
Infotrac Student Edition
- Designed for high school students, with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more.
Insurance & Liability Collection
- Protection of assets is a concern for all; from the individual property owner to the multinational corporation, all have a vested interest in ensuring the retention of their assets, be it physical or intellectual. This collection of journals takes a broad view of this multimillion dollar industry, covering such topics as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more.
- Search magazines and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more. Designed for students in kindergarten through grade 5.
Literature Resource Center
- Find the information you need on authors and their works in all genres and disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries
- Check out all the databases provided by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Merck Manual of Medical Information (Online)
- Free searchable medical information.
Method Test Prep
- A comprehensive self-paced ACT and SAT test prep program.
New England Historical Genealogical Society
- (access from home with your library barcode number)
Search census records, slave and veteran schedules, family histories, pension records from the Revolutionary War, and more. Check out their tips and tricks for genealogy research.
The New York Times
- The library provides free access to the New York Times online for all public computers inside the library. If you are looking for access at home, you may follow these steps:
- For 72 hours of off-site access click this link: The New York Times.
- When accessing off-site access follow these steps:
- 1. Click on the link above.
- 2. Click "Redeem".
- 3. Create Your Account or Log in if you already have an account.
- 4. Click "Go to NYTimes.com" to begin your 72 hours of unlimited access to NYTimes.com.
- Once your 72 hours are up, simply follow these steps again to redeem another 72 hours of off-site access.
- For access to the NYTimes archives (1985-present), go here.
- Tutorials for many of our other databases!
- Like what you're reading? In the mood for something specific? Check out NoveList's recommendations for read-alikes and more!
NoveList K-8 Plus
- In the mood for something specific? Want a read-alike? Check out NoveList for K-8 for some ideas!
- Check out e-books and e-audio books available at the library and borrow them or place a hold!
Pop Culture Collection
- It's all around us and influences our lives every day. This collection provides useful information for any researcher in a social science, history, art, or liberal arts course. This collection is made up of more than 100 subject-appropriate full-text periodicals.
- This collection gives individuals a basic understanding of the study of the mind, emotions and how the human mind develops and diminishes over time. Researchers will have access to hundreds of subject-appropriate full-text periodicals — many cited in the PsycINFO index.
- Incredible concert films by a huge selection of iconic and new artists, from a wide variety of genres.
- Enjoy access to a wide range of magazines online on your computer, tablet, or phone!
Religion & Philosophy Collection
- Why do some people believe in Heaven? Is it fear, hope, upbringing, or blind faith? Users of this collection can research different philosophies and religions.
Research in Context
- Covers a wide range of topics for students in grades 6 through 8, drawing from periodicals, journals, reference books and more.
RMV Driver's Permit Practice Tests
- Handbooks and practice tests for Massachusetts car, motorcycle, and CDL licenses, plus FAQs about obtaining your Massachusetts driver's license.
Salem Press Databases and E-books
- Check out e-books on science, medical information, and careers.
- You will need to log in with your library card number.
Science in Context
- Information on hundreds of today’s most significant science topics with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, experiments, images, videos, audio files, and website links.
Small Business Collection
- Perfect for business schools and entrepreneurs, this compilation provides insights, tips, strategies, and success stories. Users will find hundreds of full text subject-appropriate periodicals.
Vocations & Careers Collections
- Targeted collection of general career guides and highly specialized industry journals.
Go back to top of page.