How to Access Databases
If you are accessing databases in the library, they should log you on automatically unless otherwise noted. If you are accessing databases from home, you may need your library card number and PIN (OCLN unless changed) to log in. Please reach out to the library if you are having trouble accessing our resources.
Looking for a tutorial? Check out some on Niche Academy or ask us for help here at the library!
Databases A-Z (Alphabetical by Title)
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z
- Update 5/24/21: Acorn TV is no longer available. Check out Hoopla for a great collection of BBC programming, or check out a Roku Stick for Acorn TV access.
Ancestry Library Edition
- Remote access is no longer available - as of January 1, 2022, patrons must be in the physical library building to access Ancestry. Login with your Marshfield library card number and pin (default pin is ocln).
- Search billions of records in census data, vital records, military, immigration, and more.
- U.S., U.K., Canada, Ireland, and other countries.
A-Z: Food America
- Easily look up recipes and foods from around the United States.
A-Z: Maps Online
- Research a wide variety of maps around the world, from modern, to antique, to geography maps, and more.
A-Z: World Food
- Easily look up recipes and foods from around the world.
- Contains nearly a million biographical entries spanning history and geography and is updated daily.
The Boston Globe
- Full-text coverage from 1980 on.
Britannica Library Online
- Comprehensive encyclopedia meeting the reference needs for all patrons -- from grade school students to business professionals.
- Spanish-language encyclopedia for adults and older students.
Britannica Spanish Reference Center
- Spanish language encyclopedia for grades K-12 with two components
- Business Collection provides coverage of all business disciplines, including accounting, economics, finance, marketing, management, and strategy, as well as business theory and practice.
Communication & Mass Media Collection
- From marketing professionals to students studying for advanced degrees in linguistic theory, this collection provides current and accurate information in full-text from journals focused on all aspects of the communications field.
Consumer Reports Online
- Access Consumer Reports online.
Criminal Justice Collection
- Targeted collection of 700+ journals covering criminal justice including law enforcement, paralegal topics, and homeland security.
Diversity Studies Collection
- A must-have for social science, history, and liberal arts coursework, this collection explores cultural differences, contributions and influences in our global community. This set includes more than 150 journals.
Economics & Theory Collection
- With a strong emphasis on titles covered in the EconLit database, this collection provides academic journals and magazines focusing on topics in economics. Perfect for business classes, users will find hundreds of full-text journals to support their research.
Educator's Reference Complete
- More than 450 full-text academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education.
- Perfect for business schools and entrepreneurs, this compilation provides insights, tips, strategies, and success stories. Users will find hundreds of full text subject-appropriate periodicals.
Environmental Studies (Gale in Context)
- Covers more than 400 contemporary environmental issues with encyclopedia articles, news articles, audio stories, and video about each issue.
Environmental Studies and Policy Collection
- A collection of 700+ journals and reference books covering environmental issues policies from scientific, government, and industry perspectives.
- Research your family and ancestors!
Fine Arts & Music Collection
- With hundreds of full-text magazines and journals covered in databases, such as the Wilson Art Index and RILM, this collection will provide your students with resources to support research in areas such as drama, music, art history, and filmmaking.
- Search all Gale databases.
- E-books for your research needs.
Gale in Context (Elementary)
- Search magazines and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more. Designed for students in kindergarten through grade 5.
Gale in Context (Middle School)
- Covers a wide range of topics for students in grades 6 through 8, drawing from periodicals, journals, reference books and more.
Gale LegalForms - Massachusetts
- Thousands of legal forms available for download and use, including official Massachusetts state and federal government forms, as well as sample forms for business, personal, real estate, and other topics. Also contains an attorney directory and legal Q&A section.
Gale OneFile (High School)
- Designed for high school students, with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers, and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports, and more.
Gender Studies Collection
- This collection of journals aims to provide balanced coverage of this significant aspect of our culture, covering such topics as gender studies, family and marital issues, health aspects, and much more.
Global Issues Collection
- Offers international viewpoints on a broad spectrum of global issues, topics, and current events.
The Great Courses - now available through the Libby app
The courses range from a myriad of subjects and include, History, Health, Science, Language Arts and much more!
- Borrow e-books, comics, movies, television, audio-books, and music on demand!
- Available for use on computers, tablets, phones, and (for television and movies) on any Apple TV or Roku device!
IndieFlix - now available through the Libby app
- Robust content: Enjoy over 7,000 high-quality shorts, features, documentaries, classic TV shows and Web series from 85 countries.
Insurance & Liability Collection
- Protection of assets is a concern for all; from the individual property owner to the multinational corporation, all have a vested interest in ensuring the retention of their assets, be it physical or intellectual. This collection of journals takes a broad view of this multimillion dollar industry, covering such topics as labor relations, mortgage banking, legal issues, and more.
- Access to thousands of movies to stream
- Current and classic films
- Childrens and family movies
- Documentaries and instructional videos
Leadership and Management (Gale OneFile)
- Thousands of articles on leadership and management topics from a variety of journals.
Literature Resource Center
- Find the information you need on authors and their works in all genres and disciplines, from all time periods and from around the world.
Massachusetts Trial Court Law Libraries
- Learn about Massachusetts laws and research local law libraries - click here.
- Check out all the databases provided by the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Merck Manual of Medical Information (Online)
- Free searchable medical information.
New England Historical Genealogical Society (American Ancestors)
- Search census records, slave and veteran schedules, family histories, pension records from the Revolutionary War, and more. Check out their tips and tricks for genealogy research. Access this database from home with your library card number.
The New York Times
The library provides free access to the New York Times online for all public computers inside the library. If you are looking for access at home, you may follow these steps:
- For 72 hours of off-site access click this link: The New York Times.
- When accessing off-site access follow these steps:
- 1. Click on the link above.
- 2. Click "Redeem".
- 3. Create Your Account or Log in if you already have an account.
- 4. Click "Go to NYTimes.com" to begin your 72 hours of unlimited access to NYTimes.com.
- Once your 72 hours are up, simply follow these steps again to redeem another 72 hours of off-site access.
- For access to the NYTimes archives (1985-present), go here.
Access to local papers online:
- Cape Cod Times 1998 - present
- Marshfield Mariner 2005 - present
- Patriot Ledger 2000 - present
- Tutorials for many of our other databases!
- Like what you're reading? In the mood for something specific? Check out NoveList's recommendations for read-alikes and more!
NoveList K-8 Plus
- In the mood for something specific? Want a read-alike? Check out NoveList for K-8 for some ideas!
- Check out e-books and e-audio books available at the library and borrow them or place a hold!
- Short encyclopedia entries aimed at elementary school students on animals and biographies of famous people. Information is presented in text and audio form, with accompanying photographs, and key words are defined in a glossary.
Petersons's Test Prep (Gale Presents)
- Contains test prep materials for both educational and vocational examinations, as well as information on colleges, universities, and scholarships across the United States. Also contains career advice and resume tools.
Pop Culture Collection
- It's all around us and influences our lives every day. This collection provides useful information for any researcher in a social science, history, art, or liberal arts course. This collection is made up of more than 100 subject-appropriate full-text periodicals.
- This collection gives individuals a basic understanding of the study of the mind, emotions and how the human mind develops and diminishes over time. Researchers will have access to hundreds of subject-appropriate full-text periodicals — many cited in the PsycINFO index.
Qello Concerts - now available through the Libby app
- Incredible concert films by a huge selection of iconic and new artists, from a wide variety of genres.
- Update 5/22/21: RB Digital magazines are now available through Overdrive and the Libby app. Acorn TV is no longer available. The Great Courses, IndieFlix, and Qello Concerts are now available through the Libby app.
Religion & Philosophy Collection
- Why do some people believe in Heaven? Is it fear, hope, upbringing, or blind faith? Users of this collection can research different philosophies and religions.
RMV Driver's Permit Practice Tests
- Handbooks and practice tests for Massachusetts car, motorcycle, and CDL licenses, plus FAQs about obtaining your Massachusetts driver's license.
Salem Press Databases and eBooks
- Check out e-books on science, medical information, and careers.
- You will need to log in with your library card number.
- Information on hundreds of today’s most significant science topics with full-text magazines, academic journals, news articles, experiments, images, videos, audio files, and website links.
Science (Gale Interactive)
- Contains interactive online apps for learning about various scientific topics, including chemistry, biology, earth science, and human anatomy. Also contains a collection of 3D models of animals, animal and human bones, and other items, designed for 3D printing.
Transparent Language for Libraries
- Basic travel-level language learning for dozens of languages for adults and children. Also has English lessons from beginner to advanced level for speakers of English as a second language.
Vocations & Careers Collections
- Targeted collection of general career guides and highly specialized industry journals.
- Wowbrary is a nonprofit service that provides you free weekly emails and RSS feeds about your local library's most recent acquisitions. Sign up for your free weekly email here!
Go back to top of page.