FAFSA-STUDENT AID INFO
Check out our Teen Book Blog!
Teen Movie Matinee:
Monthly, please register ( Usually a Thurs @ 5:30 p.m.)
Teen Creative Writing Group:
Monthly, please register ( Usually a Wed @ 5:00 p.m.)
READ RANT REPEAT IS OUR NEW TEEN BOOK-TO-MOVIE GROUP, IN COLLABORATION WITH THE MIDDLE SCHOOL LIBRARY. INQUIRE IN THE CHILDREN'S DEPARTMENT, OR CALL THE LIBRARY: 781-834-5535
TEENS: Make Yourself Heard!
Want to make your voice heard in your community, develop leadership skills, and have fun making new friends? We are looking for you to join! The next Teen Meeting will take place on November 12th at 5:30 p.m.. Join us for a Game Night Teen Advisory Group Meeting.
Snacks served. Register in person, or online.
What Does the Teen Advisory Board Do?
TAB’s mission is to help the Library better serve the needs and interests of local teens. TAB meets with the Librarian on a monthly basis during the school year to brainstorm ideas and provide feedback about teen library programs, materials, and more!
Tasks for Board Members
- Help spread the word about programs and services for teens at the Library
- Volunteer at Library programs for youth and summer reading programs
- Be an active library user in order to provide targeted feedback about programs and services
- Write book reviews for the teen webpage
- Share your ideas at monthly TAB meetings!
Members of the Ventress Library Teen Advisory Board must:
- Be a student in grades 7 through 12
- Have parental permission to participate, if under 14
- Have a valid library card
- Opportunity to provide input for library decisions related to teens
- Members receive volunteer service credit for school
- Members will develop marketable leadership skills
- Participation can be listed on job, scholarship, and college applications