Reference Department Resources
DATABASES PROVIDED BY THE STATE OF MASSACHUSETTS:
Click this link to access BOOK AND MAGAZINE articles using databases provided through the state-funded MBLC and MLS- new!!!-no library card number needed if accessing from a computer in Massachusetts!
DATABASES/INFORMATION LINKS PROVIDED BY VENTRESS LIBRARY:
Search local and state information including topics such as business, health, education, issues and events, government, politics and more including the Marshfield Mariner and Patriot Ledger. Also includes Current Events and Special Reports for homework and research assignments.
- Testing and Education Reference Center, and many more databases!
- Ebooks for your research needs. And now more Ebooks for you including travel, parenting, gardening, movie guides. . .Try it out!
- How it Works; Ancient and Medieval World; Food and Nutrition; Economic Literacy and Personal Finance
- Marshall Cavendish Ebook Titles
- McGill's Medical Guide; Psychology and Mental Health; Cancer; Genetics and Inherited Conditions; Infectious Diseases and Conditions; Complementery and Alternative Medicine
- Encyclopedia of American Business; Great Athletes; Decades; Great Events from History; Great Lives from History; Milestone Documents; Musicians and Composers; Weapons and Warfare
- Forensic Science; Global Warming; Solar System
- Colonial America; Gilded Age and Progressive Era; Jazz Age; Postwar America; Social Issues in America; American Social Movements; American Folklore; Conflicts Since World War II; Civil War Era and Reconstruction
CONSUMER REPORTS IS HERE!!! Now you have access to all the CR product information simply by entering your library card number! Click here
- Includes online encyclopedia, dictionary, thesaurus, atlas, Spanish-English dictionary, video collection, timelines, image gallery, quotations by subject and author. Check out the specialized interface just for elementary school students called "Britannica Kids." Includes research and study tools.
- Online study and test site (SAT, GED, AP, NCLEX, ASVAB, Civil Service and many more!) Also gives access to easy-to-use "create a resume" online templates. Includes Peterson's Guide to Undergraduate and Graduate Schools and tips on financing college.
- Heritage Quest - click here to access
- Search Obituaries
- Ancestry - Available in-library only
- NEHGS - Available in-library only
- VALUE LINE INVESTMENT SURVEY - Available in-library only - We continue to get the paper copy and have one in-library online login available. Ask Reference Librarian to access for you.
- MORNINGSTAR MUTUAL FUNDS ONLINE - paper copies phased out end of 2012 - we are moved over to online version available through this website. Our license allows one user at a time, so please remember to log out when you are finished with your research. Have your Marshfield library card number handy. To access please click here
Marshfield Links and Resources